Odin is a flash tool from Samsung, and we mostly use it to flash custom recoveries and stock firmware on our smartphones. it got an update and with this update, you have a very large number of supported devices, some minor bugs are fixed, two new features are added which are Autostart and Binary size. Bootloader, PDA and Phone are renamed as BL, AP and CP. This new version of Odin is compatible with all versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. it is used to flashing stock firmware and custom recoveries manually using your PC. In case you are not familiar with Odin following is a simple guide on how to use it.
Download Odin For Windows
v3.12.5 ( Nougat Android version)
v3.12.7 (Oreo Android version)
v3.13.1 (Pie Android version)
Modified Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version)
Prince Comsey Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version)
Download JOdin3 For Mac
Download Latest Version of JOdin For MAC: Link
How To Use Odin:
- First Download the Odin file, extract files and then click .exe file Odin will open. You can keep the files anywhere on your PC.
- Secondly, to make it work for the smartphone you have to start your device in Download Mode to do so press and hold Volume Down+Power+Home buttons together. Now press Volume Up to continue.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC using original OEM cable of your smartphone because Fake cables will result in connectivity problems.
- After connecting your smartphone with PC turn it off and wait for 30 seconds, now turn it on and open Odin. You shall notice that on the top left corner you have a colored box, it means you have successfully connected your device with Odin.
- Now you have to select F.Reset option which means reset the flash counter after flashing the firmware, select Auto Reboot option which will reboot your smartphone automatically after flashing the firmware.
- Other options are no use for us only re-partition option is used if you have .pit file extension in your firmware files.
- Odins’ new version supports .bin , .tar and tar.md5 file extensions , normally we have tar.md5 extensions firmware these days . Now click PDA and select the firmware file you wish to flash and when its ready click start.
- It will take a few minutes to flash the firmware and after the process is complete your smartphone will reboot and you see a pass button on the top left corner.
That’s all you need to know about Odin. [NOTE]It is advised to make a copy of your device data before flashing your device.
So, jOdin is the only alternative to Odin that you can use on macOS. If you want to ask anything about it, comment below.