Backing up your important data is a very handy thing in android smartphones, whenever you want to upgrade your device or want to install custom firmware or you want to factory reset your smartphone all the data on your smartphone will be lost. In such case, you can easily restore your data you back up and there will be no loss for you. Sometimes you lost your smartphone or a mishap happens and your smartphone didn’t work properly and you need a new smartphone, in such case you can restore your data on a new smartphone easily, today we guide you how to backup and restore your important messages on your android device. Following is the step by step guide for you.
First thing you need is SMS Backup and Restore app which is available free of cost in Google Play Store.
How To Use SMS Backup & Restore :
- Open the app after installation.
- Click Restore.
- When you click Backup you will be asked where you want to save the message backup file, choose the option you desire and click OK.
- Now select the name of your backup file and press OK.
- You can also use the scheduled backup option of this app, scheduled backup will backup your important messages after a specific interval of time. You can set intervals by yourself . Go to settings of the app and then schedule backup and then set whatever you want.
- Turn on schedule backup and set all you want.
How To Restore Backup Messages.
- Open the app and click restore.
- After you click restore, the app will provide you with all the backup files you have created.
- After you select the backup file another screen will appear which will ask you what you want, you want to restore all messages or you want specific messages to restore.
- Restore process will start after you press OK.