Android is no doubt and open Source Platform, but there are some limitations put on the devices to not let the developers and user to flash Custom images and files on their devices. If these limitations are not there, obviously everyone will start doing whatever they like on their device and in the end, if something happens, they’ll blame the OEM. Now, these limitations are the only way for an official to learn whether custom files are flashed or not.
On Samsung devices, the Odin Mode has a Flash Counter to let the official knows for how many times custom binaries are installed on a specific device. On the other hand, those devices having a locked Bootloader, cannot be given back to claim the warranty. However, that does not mean that you can’t pass these limitations, but not all of them are easy to pass, sometimes you need to go through a lot to pass them. In the case of Samsung, there is no restriction, in HTC htc.dev is there to help you. But in Xperia devices, things get a little complicated, and we’ll show you exactly what and how.
As Usual, a casual warning about, we are not responsible for anything happens to your device, this process will void your warranty, and you might brick your device, despite that you’ll receive the confirmation code from Sony Officials themselves.
How To Unlock Bootloader:
1. Download Fastboot files:
- First Download Fastboot Files: Link for windows only.
- Extract the .zip file and paste the folder to the C: drive.
2. Check the Bootloader unlocking capability:
- Type *#*#7378423#*#* on your device dialer.
- Navigate to Services info > Configuration > Bootloader Unlock.
- Look beneath Rooting Status, if the Bootloader Unlock is mentioned as Yes, then you can unlock it.
3. Noting the IMEI:
- Type *#06# on your device dialer.
- You will be given a pop-up with the IMEI number, note it somewhere.
4. Compatability and Connection Check:
- Now, this process will work only on Android 4.3 or above, if Android 4.2.2 are forced to be used in this process, the camera app will crash.
- Now Shut down your device completely.
- Now Hold the Volume Up Key and connect it to pc while holding the Key.
- Now in command Prompt, Type fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, if you get the response on the spot, then your device is connected properly, Otherwise, make sure the USB drivers are installed.
5. Unlocking Process:
- Visit Sony mobile, accept the Legal Terms and Conditions there to unlock the bootloader.
- Now enter your Phone IMEI, that you noted in the third step and E-Mail address.
- You’ll receive the mail from Sony in a matter of seconds, giving you the unlocking code.
- Now open Command prompt again in fastboot folder, type fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x(KEY), but the key sent by Sony in the Key bracket, the whole thing would be like fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xD9B34671313.
- Hit Enter and watch how your device Bootloader will be unlocked, and you’ll see logs in Command Prompt.