Samsung Galaxy S5 is quite a good device, especially if you look at its rival, iPhone 6. But again Samsung TouchWiz is not something that a person can say is amazing for a normal life, I mean if lags like an old fart and doesn’t have much of Customization as you can achieve if you install a Custom ROM on it, then again not all the custom ROMs are same, once you get used to TouchWiz, you might not want to use any other interface no matter how good or fast it is, especially if you are a newbie to Android and when yu are an owner of Samsung Galaxy S5, just remaining on the Stock ROM is not a good idea.
XtreStoLite Custom ROM is based on Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat and has most of the Stock looks and features, but the tweaks and Mods installed in it are more than enough to give you a speed that you want for your Galaxy s5. However, it may look like a Stock ROM but it is not, you will need a Rooted device along with a Custom Recovery to install this ROM. In this Article, We will show you How To Update Galaxy S5 SM-G900H to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat XtreStoLite Custom Firmware, but remember this not an Official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM, you’ll also loose the Samsung Kies Support after installing this.
Whatever you are doing, you are doing it on your own risk, we will not held responsible for a Brick device or any sort of bugs or problems you’ll face after flashing this software
- Root and CWM Recovery: Link
- Back-Up Your Important Messages: Link
- Download USB Drivers: Link
- Back-Up TA Partition: Link
- Make a Titanium Back-Up of all your Apps: Link
- Back-Up All Your Contacts: Link
Download the Firmware: Link
How To Install This ROM:
- Download and Place the ROM file to the root of your SD card.
- Now Reboot into Recovery Mode. Press and Hold Volume Up + Home + Power Button
- Navigate to Back-up and Restore.
- Create a Back-up of your Current ROM.
- First Choose Cache Wipe
- Then navigate to Advance and Choose Devlik Cache Wipe
- Finally, Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Then Navigate to Install Zip from Sd card
- Then Choose Zip from Sdcard.
- Choose the ROM and confirm the installation on the next screen
- Once the process is over, Go Back.
- Choose Reboot System Now
Wait for at-least 5-minutes for the first boot. The first boot will be slow, and you’ll see boot animation and Android will start optimizing your Apps.