Previously we posted the rooting method of Kindle Fire HDX 7, however, what was required in it was the update of Firmware to 188.8.131.52, whether you are running b. The rooting method will only work on the latest firmware, so the only option you have is to update your device whether via the OTA update or manual update. However, in my experience, OTA update doesn’t go good with the Rooting method, but manual updates go great with such things. To confirm which firmware you are running, go to Settings > Device and see which version do you have, if you have the 184.108.40.206, then proceed ahead to the rooting method, but if you have the 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 firmware, then you might need to update your device, whether one or two times.
Kindle Fire HDX 7 was released in September 2013, with some very decent specs like 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB of Storage, 7.0-inches in size with 1200p resolution, Qualcomm Krait 400 Quad-Core 2.2GHz processor, running Android 4.x most probably what they meant was Jelly Bean. However since the rooting method is available and after this tutorial, we will post the Safestrap recovery too, you can just wait for the Custom ROMs based on the latest Android versions. In this article, we will show you How to Update Kindle Fire HDX 7 to 22.214.171.124 Firmware, without further ado, let us continue.
No.1: Make Sure to Confirm the Device Model Twice!
- Go To Settings.
- Navigate to About.
- Now Look at the Model number of Device to Confirm.
- If it matches the one we have given, the proceed ahead.
No.2: Download the Necessary USB Drivers!
In order to establish the Contact between Two devices, you need Drivers to be installed on your PC. Download and Install Proper USB Drivers to connect your device successfully with PC
No.3: Make Sure to Use Original Data Cable!
3rd Party Data cables might work, but they won’t be able to provide the exact thing you want. Most of the times users complained that they are having issues to Copy data or Flashing Images on their device, the problem turns out to be the 3rd Party Data Cable, so if you don’t want to face any problem at all, use the Original OEM cable.
No.4: Back-Up all the Necessary Data!
In case of any Mishap, this step is quite a lifesaver, so always back-up your data before installing a Custom ROM.
- Back-Up Your Important Messages: Link
- Make a Titanium Back-Up of all your Apps: Link
- Back-Up All Your Contacts: Link
Whatever you are doing, you are doing it on your own risk, we will not held responsible for a Brick device or any sort of bugs or problems you’ll face after flashing this software
Downloads Required to Update Kindle Fire HDX 7:
126.96.36.199 Firmware: Link
188.8.131.52 Firmware: Link
How to Update Kindle Fire HDX 7 :
- Disable the Wi-Lan option in your device.
- Enable the Air-Plane mode.
- Copy the Firmware file to your device, depending on which one you are currently running i.e if you are running 184.108.40.206, then copy the 220.127.116.11, otherwise copy the 18.104.22.168
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Now Enable the ADB and Unknown Sources from the Settings
- Restart your device.
- Go To Settings and Tap check for update, make sure that Airplane mode is On and Wi-Lan in Off.
- It will prompt that there is an update.
- Tap OK and let it update.
- Once the process is over, restart your device.
- Now your Kindle Fire has been updated
If you are currently running the 22.214.171.124 Firmware, then you need to update it first to 126.96.36.199 then to 188.8.131.52, go through the above steps again to flash your device twice so you can update your device from 184.108.40.206 > 220.127.116.11 > 18.104.22.168
If you are currently running the 22.214.171.124 Firmware, then you need to update it only to 126.96.36.199, go through the above steps only once to update your device from 188.8.131.52 > 184.108.40.206
Root Your Device: After updating it to 220.127.116.11, follow the link ahead to root your device: Link.