Last week we saw the Android 4.4.3 Kit-Kat update for Sony Xperia T2, at that moment we forgot to mention that Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Dual is also in the line of Android 4.4.3 Kit-Kat update, and today we have finally seen the update on our device and in that little time of use, we can say that the device is showing quite a good response in battery life as compared to old Android versions. The build number for this update is 19.1.1.C.0.56 while Sony Xperia T2 Ultra was updated to 19.1.1.A.0.165, the complete changelog is available on Sony Official Support Site.
It is strange that Sony is releasing the Android 4.4.3 Kit-Kat update instead of directly going to the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, despite knowing that the groundwork is already done for the Sony Xperia Z series, we are mentioning it, so Xperia Z2 owners won’t feel bad as they are still stuck on the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat. You might have received this update via OTA, but if not, then follow this article, to see how you can manually download and install this Official update on your device.
As Usual, a casual warning about, we are not responsible for anything happens to your device, this process will void your warranty, and you might brick your device, despite that you’ll receive the update from Sony Officials afterwards, if you don’t follow this method
How To Flash The Firmware on Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Dual Using Sony Flashtoot:
- Download and Copy the File into the Firmwares folder created after the installation of Flashtool.
- Install USB Drivers using Flashtool.
- After placing the .ftf file in the firmware folder, open the Flash tool.
- You’ll see a lightning button on the top, On the pop-up, choose Flashmode, cause we want to flash a firmware here.
- Select the Firmware file and from the Wipe section, choose what you want to wipe, recommended is that you must choose all of them.
- Do not mess with the Exclude window, just let it be.
- Once you hit the Flash button, it will start showing you the logs and prepare the .ftf file to be loaded in the tool.
- Once the file is loaded, you’ll be prompted to Connect your device with PC, while holding the Flash button ( Back in old devices and Volume Down in new devices)
- After a successful connection, the flashing will start, sit back and relax and watch how everything is done for you.